Friday, March 24, 2023

日本のメディア: "I Wanna Be With You": Yurie Kokubu


This song was released by Yurie Kokubu in 1987, and it falls into the soul/ City Pop style. It features a prominent bass guitar, brass section, and drums which give it its funk/soul style. Mixed with the Japanese lyrics, there are also English lyrics that make up the title of the song. I originally discovered this song a few years ago through a disco remix, which ultimately led to me finding where it came from. As I often listen to Japanese City Pop and American soul and funk music, this song instantly became one of my favorite when I first heard it.

As for cultural understanding, I enjoy listening to this style of music, and it strikes me as interesting that the trend of this style of pop corresponds to similar trends in America, showing that such trends were universal and shows the spread of cultural elements to other countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

日本語の二年生の終わり

 今学期はもうすぐ終わります。 去年の春学期とくらべて、今年とても上手になったんじゃないかと思います。去年と一昨年書いた文を読んだら、たくさん習った文法や単語が見えます。けれど, まだ私の日本語のレベルはけっこう低くて、もっと勉強するつもりで、がんばります。今年の一番難しいことは...