Wednesday, February 22, 2023

日本のメディア: 君の名は "Your Name"

The film is a romantic drama with comedic elements that tells a story of a boy in urban Tokyo and a girl in rural Gifu prefecture who discover that they can uncontrollably swap bodies. The movie explores the supernatural causes for this phenomenon and follows the two main characters as they struggle against this force, culminating in a major twist of an ending. 



While I have seen this movie before, rewatching it again made me remember how much I loved it the first time. The animation and music together make for an amazing viewing experience. I was even able to get my friends who do not generally watch anime to see it, and they enjoyed it just as much as I did.


I think the movie does a fantastic job at playing on the emotions of the viewer, keeping them captivated with the mystery and story, and endearing them with the characters. I really enjoyed how even after the movie had ended, the next day I was able to talk about the movie with my friends to make further observations and talk about the movie. 



I was able to recognize the difference in speech patterns between Taki (the male protagonist) and Mistuha (the female protagonist) which other characters also made note of. Additionally, there were portions of dialogue that I was able to understand without the help of the subtitles. It was interesting to see the differences in lifestyles, architecture, and speech patterns between the rural and the urban parts of Japan.

To avoid spoilers, I will just say that the ending and the themes contained within have also been explored in other anime like ReLife and Plastic Memories, but with the obvious difference of body swapping and other elements that threaten to spoil the narrative, Your Name takes an interesting take on these themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

日本語の二年生の終わり

 今学期はもうすぐ終わります。 去年の春学期とくらべて、今年とても上手になったんじゃないかと思います。去年と一昨年書いた文を読んだら、たくさん習った文法や単語が見えます。けれど, まだ私の日本語のレベルはけっこう低くて、もっと勉強するつもりで、がんばります。今年の一番難しいことは...